Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 27, 2006, 1:28 PM   #1

It says you can only use up to 512MB, but back then the 1GB wasn't around. Is there any special firmware or anything you can download, or any way you can manipulate the 1GB card to work? I've formatted it and everything inside the camera, it just keeps on saying that "This Card Cannot Be Used." With this warning, the manual says that the card is over 256MB, when 512MB is supported. Says so on page 29 of the owners manual. Can anyone assist me in this?*Edit* I'm using a 1gb Kingston SD-Ram card.
digicamuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2006, 10:50 PM   #2

You're not going to be able to use the 1GB card without a firmware update, and a firmware update won't happen since Toshiba is no longer in the digicam business. By the way, Steve's review indicates that only cards up to 256MB are supported. I'd trust that over anything written in Toshiba's owners manual. Heck, your camera even backs up what's written in Steve's review.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 11:37 AM   #3

I was just curious if someone ELSE wrote a firmware driver so then I could use the 1GB stick. I guess when you can't use a 1GB stick, it's time to upgrade!
digicamuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 11:11 PM   #4

"I was just curious if someone ELSE wrote a firmware driver..."

It really wouldn't be worth anyone's time to write a firmware update for a discontinued camera which didn't sell in great numbers while it was being produced.

"I guess when you can't use a 1GB stick, it's time to upgrade!"

Actually, when you own a Toshiba digicam, it's time to upgrade. I realize that's only my opinion; however, I think the posts on the Toshiba forum provide enough anecdotal evidence to back me up. Almost every post concerns problems with the cameras. They really were such terrible lemons that Toshiba was forced to exit the digicam business. I'm glad you got good service from the PDR-4300, but there are much, much better cameras available.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote