Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:06 PM   #1

Ok, I just bought a Kodak V603 digital camera. It is recommended that I use a High Speed memory card. I didn't buy one initially and am just borrowing my parents standard Sandisk 256MB card. I took some pictures and videos that worked fine. However when I uploaded them to my PC via USB cable one of the videos didn't turn out so well. The playback was choppy, tried to freeze and the audio was very distorted. Basically useless. The pictures turned out fine. Then I tried uploading another video today and it's telling me that for whatever reason(didn't give a reason) it can't be uploaded at all.

Both videos play fine while on the camera, but don't work on the PC. It's not the PC, I have downloaded endless amounts of videos from my parents camera recently w/o problems.

The V603 takes videos at 30fps 640x480.

Thanks for any information!
chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:22 PM   #2

Standard speed card don't have the capability to support 640x480 @ 30 FPS it's too much for them to handle.

However if you get a card that is rated for 50x or above you should be allright for video taking.
coldpower27 is offline   Reply With Quote