Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:36 PM   #1

I have the 1GB Ritek/Ridata SD card that I bought off ebay for $18 shipped. So far I dont have any problems with the card. Since I bought my gf the panasoinc FX01 digital cam, I was planning to give that card to her and buy a bigger card for my Pentax dSLR. newegg.com has the Ritek/Ridata 4GB SD card for about $90 shipped. This seems to be a really good deal for 4GB SD card.

I am guessing that many of you never heard of Ritek/Ridata brand before. I think they are new to flash media but they are not new to media storage. They make one of the BEST blank DVDs that you can buy. I am familiar with there blank dvd/cd median, but havent heard much about their flash median. With blanks dvd/cd, they are an OEM manufacture and make the products.

Do anyone knows if this is the same with the flash median?

I know many of you will insist me on buying brand name medians like SanDisk and Lexar since they are considered the best in flash meidan. But those cost an arm and a leg compared to what Ritek/Ridata sells it for. For an amuature photographer who just got into photography and a college student, I dont have that kind of money and is looking for other to save money.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:50 AM   #2

Nothing wrong with Ritek/Ridata brand they are actually one of the main suppliers of media CD, DVD, Flash Memory etc... which are rebranded for sale under other names. I have a few that are quite old and still going strong.
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 1:23 AM   #3

Propably they buy components from known makers, might be even that they buy complete cards and just put their sticker onto them.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote