Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 1, 2002, 2:13 AM   #11
Default PNY Card Reader

Have you tried removing the installed software. I have read that for some of the readers you don't need any software installed other than what is already on the Mac. Example: I installed the software for a Sandisk dual SSFDC & Compact Flash card reader. Worked allright BUT every program I would try to print from would crash. A call to Sandisk indicated that I should uninstall the Sandisk software. That fixed THAT problem but now the Sandisk won't recognize the SSFDC although it recognizes the Compact Flash. Tried two other card readers with varying problems.
fredbillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2002, 2:43 AM   #12

A couple of other thoughts, have heard of some readers that will get stupid if card is not inserted with system off??? Have you tried to read a friends card in your reader and last you did not say if you still have laptop to try in. Nothing worse than reformating drive to find out card reader took a dump. Last is there a different brand reader you can borrow and install, if there is a conflict with your reader it may be with something more expensive than the reader and hardware not software... just my thoughts.....
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote