Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 15, 2006, 2:39 PM   #1

Help!! I just bought an "old" DS300 fuji which I love, it came with a HG-10 fujix flash ata card (PCMCIA??) this is good for about 33 images- but what do I do now? I need to take more than 33 shots in one go- I read the steves digicam review of the DS-330 which said it would take a "compact flash card in the pcmcia adapter".Well I have one of these adapters and the cf cards I try in it just won't work (though these samecf cardswill work fine in other cameras that don't need adapters). Intriguingly when I try and use the 128 mb card in the fuji with adapyter the counter reduces by x2 each time I press the shutter. ....Which seems a bit odd.

So my question is....should these adapters and flash cards work with the DS300 and if so, what am I doing wrong?
jacknapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2006, 9:53 PM   #2

Wow !

Thats ancient, from 1997 or so ..

Very few reviews for it on the 'net.

Its possible that cards as big as 128mb were not supported back in the olden days , have you tried a smaller memory card ?

Maybe a 64 mb card ?

I assume you bought it just for fun ?

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 4:50 AM   #3

Yup. totally ancient, but pretty good quality. Anything this heavy has to be....yes I bought it for fun. A bit like one would buy an old car or bike. I have more recent cams, but I like this one, plus most ofmy photography is for my websites. those extra zillion pixels would be lost...anyhow...thanks for the reply......

I did try a smaller (only 8mb) card in the adapter-this doesn't work either, although at least the counter didn't go round 2x for every press of the shutter.....:?

You see, if I bought a new camera, I wouldn't get this level of entertainment...
Attached Images
jacknapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:20 AM   #4

i just bought a ds-330 and i love it. i use a 32meg car in a pcmcia and it works fine.
usfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote