Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:16 PM   #1

I have seen sony memory stick 1GB cards for only $30 shipped on EBAY that are normally around $80 anywhere else and Replacement rechargable lithium batteries for the Sony SDC-W100 digital camera on EBAY as well.

Are these too good to be true? Is this legit? Has anyone ever bought either of these things through EBAY? (If you want to see the list that I'm looking at, search EBAY with the keywords: Memory Duo 1GB )

Just curious and looking to save money on accessories.

mtugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:27 PM   #2

A lot of the duo cards coming from China/HongKong/Taiwan are knockoffs.

Might work, might fail 6 days after you start using it.

You can get a 1gb card for a lot less than $80, Newegg have a 1gb Sandisk Pro duo for $33.99

As for batteries ebay is quite good value.

My local camera shop had a Casio NP-40 battery for £35, or a Jessops low power version for £23.

I got a replacement full power version from ebay for £5 , so bought a spare as well and totally happy with them.

No problems with them even after 18months.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:33 PM   #3

I've purchased a memory card on Ebay once before at a good price from a good seller. I made sure the seller was in the USA and had near perfect feedback before I placed my bid. You can get really good deals on Ebay...you just need to spend a little time researching the seller and the prices of items at your local stores or online retailers versus Ebay. :-)

scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote