Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

View Poll Results: Do you use MultiMediaCard or Compact Flash?
Compact Flash 9 100.00%
MMC 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23, 2003, 9:51 AM   #1
Default Is Compact Flash losing to MultiMediaCard?

:?: I think Compact Flash is losing major ground to MultiMediaCard. Most digital camera and other devices are no longer using compact flash. Kodak only uses it for their high end stuff, Nikon all but dumped them, and Oyimpia never used them. Basically, I was forced to buy a Canon, because they are the only one's left who is using it.

Does anyone have an opinion on this topic?

bkedersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2003, 10:59 AM   #2

Don't know enough about this but as my Psion Palmtop uses CF and I've bought the Canon A70 it's worked out nicely for me

stefank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 11:19 AM   #3

I think you need to get your facts straight. Nikon only uses compactflash for all their cameras, Canon too, with the exception of one of the newest compact models, where Canon chose SD instead of CF. Olympus used compactflash on their C-2500, E-10, E-20, and C-5050 cameras, and Fuji used CF for their S1 and S2 models. Kodak too uses compactflash on their high-end cameras as you stated. Look at the growth in capacity of compactflash and for other media: 6GB in CF vs. 1GB for MS Pro and SD. And also look at the actual speed for different medias, you'll find compactflash and microdrives are ahead of other medias.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 11:28 AM   #4

I agree with the last post.

I think that CF is actually taking over. Look at the best PDA's too, like the Toshiba 750 - also CF.
Jola is offline   Reply With Quote