Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:15 PM   #1

I want to purchase a Lexar TV2-001 Digital Photo Player to view photos on my television, but I have aquestion that I cannot seem to find an answer for.

The product literature states that the unit will view JPEGs from cameras up to 6 megapixels. What I want to know is, will it still view a JPEG from my 8.2 megapixel 20D at a lower resolution, or will it simply refuse to accept the files on the CF card.

I called Lexar Customer Support and was connected with an Indian woman who barely spoke English. It took her forever to understand what I was trying to ask, and she ended up telling me that the product is discontinued and she would have to turf my inquiry to a technical supervisor that would call me back within 24-hours.

I need a way to view the pics off my CF card to a monitor WITHOUT involving a computer. There are other CF card players out there that will support up to 12 megapixels...but none that I know of have the small form factor of this unit, and the others I've seen require A/C power to operate...this one does not. I could take this in the field, plug it into my Portable DVD player (via the standard composite video connection) and view my pics anywhere.

If anyone can answer whether this unit will work with my camera, please email me at saycheze@gmail.com

Point-N-Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links