Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:53 PM   #1

I am looking for a camera bag to hold my EOS 20D, 2 lenses, flash, filters, a Manfrotto 718SHB tripod (smaller tripod but certainly not a mini tripod.) I was thinking of a backpack but going in areas where there are pickpockets, I do not want to be thought of as an American tourist carrying expensive camera equiptment. My wife and I when travelling would put a few souvenirs we get during the day in this bag. A bag that would also hold a laptop is too big. Any thoughts? We were in B&H and did not find anything definate. I know that for some of the backpacks, you can put the tripod within the confines of the backpack.
runnyc262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:53 AM   #2

hi there.. ok, i know you said you dont want a backpack because of theieves etc.. but, i have to admit, ive had great luck with mine.. im using a case logic slr/laptop bag, carrys my laptop, canon xt, 3 lenses, and a multitude of smaller items. its got really nice padded straps, AND a waist belt. its not any bigger than the backpack my kid carrys for school.also the area inside that the camera and accessories goes in, its customizable,.. so you can set it up in whatever configuration its in.. my tripod attaches with two clasps on the side of the bag...

for me, it makes it much easier to sling it on my back, so that its setting even {instead of just on one side with a sling type bag} and go..and for me, its easier to keep track of it on my back.. i dont have to worry about it getting in the way as much as if it were to the side..

also, the style of the bag, other than having a tripod hanging off the side, looks like any other backpack.. it doesnt scream "i have an expensive camera in me!"

good luck with whatever you choose.. if your interested -lemme know, and ill find the site we got it from and give it to you...

luvmycanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 3:25 AM   #3

Perhaps look at the lowepro orion trekker II , it doesnt really look like a camera backpack. There is room in the top half for non-photographic items whilst all your gear is stored in the bottom. There is a zip and clip to open to get to this section.

Have a look on here for photos http://www.cambags.com
johnw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 8:19 AM   #4

take a look at crumpler bags they don't look like camera bags at all

I've been looking at these also - I keep seeing reference to people recommending crumpler 3 million dollar bags for instance but I can;t se that in the current range and I've no idea what the equivalent to that bage is. photos are limited, so you can;t see inside them....

...so if anyone has a srumpler bage that they can post photos of?.....
Sibling Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:45 PM   #5

Google is your friend:
Old Nov 17, 2006, 5:36 PM   #6

I am buying one of these next week... the only down side is the black one has a baby blue lining... not my first choice in colors... but they are well made, versitile and cool...(kewl)

I also have the Lowepro Computreker backpack, the Lowepro TLZ AW top loader.... oh and a Pelican and a Kinetics hard shell case too.:-)

Something to cart my D2X and D200 around in.:-)
Aussie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 5:08 PM   #7

I'd suggest the Tamrac Expedition 5 it's got lots of room for your Cam and 3-4 lenses, Flash, Filters and more....Also if you live in America perhaps a 357 Magnum would also be apart of your equipment or maybe a Double Barrel Shootgun...Don't forget if you wanna fit that in your bag you'll have to saw it off (Barrel End)

Hope this helps...!!!!!

And Goodluck.....Happy Shooting of whatever....
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:47 AM   #8

I was at Best Buy a few days ago and they have a large asst of camera bags and some good prices.

I'm going back next week and get a large camera bag that will hold 2 cameras and some lenses.

You can also buy online at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....;type=category

Free shipping on most items.

Good luck,

divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:24 AM   #9

I have a backpack from these guys. Very affordable and well constructed. After using a backpack I wouldn't try to carry this gear any other way.

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:38 PM   #10

I like the slingbags by Lowepro, its kinda like a backpack but its will sling around to get access and keep your stuff safe.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote