Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:40 AM   #1

I am looking for a very good camera strap that can take the load of my Canon 30D camera with a Canon BGE2 battery gripand also a Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS lens.I am actually debebating between camera straps made by either OpTech or Lowepro.For those of you out there who have had any experiences with both OpTech and Lowepro camera straps,which among the two brands do you personally prefer?

Killer Angel
Killer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:30 AM   #2

I use the Op Tech because the neoprene is very soft & springy. You can also unhook the quick releases & re-hook the short sections together & make a useful hand strap that prevents you from dropping your camera. I've not used the LowePro, but I do use their Orion Pack & they make high quality products!
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:40 PM   #3

Hi, I just ordered the OP/TECH Pro Loop strap. I have heard others recommend it so I took a look and liked what I saw. I like the fact that I can remove the back strap and just hook the two ends together and make a small carry strap out of it. Also when you do this with this model the strap is nice and wide for a good grip. The other thing I liked about this model is how it attaches to the camera with the nylon cord as opposed the nylon strap of some of the others. With the nylon strap type I could not connect my lens cap cord to the camera hook because the strap took up all the room of the eyelet. I had to attach it to the strap itself and did not like it that way. I bought mine on ebay from procameragear for $19.48 shipped with my chioce of colors. Another member was demonstrating how he uses the strap , http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ighlight=strap
I thought the way jtgraphics wore it was a good idea and will try it out when my strap arrives.

mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 6:48 PM   #4

I purchased the Lowepro strap. I have a Nikon D200 with a Sigma 100-300 f4 which is quite a hand full! The Lowepro strap is a WIDE neoprene neck strap that distributes the weight across your shoulders without creating the stress point caused by Op Techs design which places a non expandable strap over the neoprene. Personal preference...

Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote