Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old May 12, 2007, 6:13 PM   #1

I just bought a used Canon 400D body.

It had a Delkin pop-up shield over the LCD. I can't believe someone spend £40 making the camera almost impossible to use. The only good thing about it is it comes off nice and easily leaving no residue from the double-sided tape that sticks it on. (Though teh tape is shot - you couldn't re-use it on anotehr camera).

Why? Coz popped up so you can see the screen, it's in the way when you try to take pictures. And closing it is not a quick push - you have to squeeze the two side plates in first then push the top down. Now you can see through the viewfinder. But you can't see the screen. Esp annoying on the 400 where there's no second screen showing settings and meter readings, it's all on the same screen.

I can see how these devices could be useful on a compact - if this one *had* been re-usable I migth've tried it on one of mine. But as it is... na..

ccomley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2007, 8:22 AM   #2

On a Nikon 990 I tried a Hoodman lcd shield for a while and gave up on it. Although it provided shade for the lcd it wasn't practical to get close enough to see into the shield. At least it was very cheap to try.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:43 AM   #3

Thank you for sharing your experiences with these. I was looking at getting one of these for my K10D, but had overlooked the obvious, which is being able to use the camera with this attached.

I have gone back to the tried and tested method of shielding the LCD in the sun, with my hand.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 12:45 PM   #4

Here's my solution....
Attached Images
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote