Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:47 PM   #1

Does anyone have a good solution or a source for labeling photo equipment and accessories? I would just like to get my name, phone number, and possibly my email address on something reasonably permanent, on the off chance that if the equipment were lost or left behind, an honest person would know how to return it.

I have bought a bunch of new equipment (with great help from the reviews and forums on this site; many thanks people!), plus I have all my older equipment as well, but I really hate to scratch names and numbers onto equipment.

Any help would be appreciated.
RickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2007, 2:35 PM   #2

I have had very good luck with ID-My-Stuff labels from this company: MaverickLabel.Com. Here's the link:

There's 24 custom printed labels in 4 different sizes per set (they even have a long skinny on that fits on the ear-arm of a set of sunglasses) for $9.95 including shipping anywhere in the world (even less if you order multiple sets.) The small ones fit on small digital cameras and cell phones. Larger ones are good for lenses and bags. And they seem to be pretty tough, waterproof, sunproof, etc. They're silver printing on some kind of black vinyl or polyester, and they are protected with a super glossy lamination.

You can put three lines of text with anything you want on them. But what's really cool is that you can add a whole custom gift message to the label sheet itself (you have to look at the picture on the site to see what I mean), and then send them as Christmas, birthday, and special thank you gifts. They deliver them right to all your "giftees" and your message is right on the label sheet. If you buy like 10 of them they are only $6.95 each, so I gather up my gift list at Christmas time and make one order, sending them out to all the different locations. MaverickLabel's shopping cart lets you do that for no extra charge.

The same company also sells what they call Golf labels, which appears to be the same material, just with gold printing on black. It is 16 labels per set, but they are all the same size (I guess for golf club shafts). Those are only $6.95 also including free worldwide shipping. I prefer the ID-My-Stuff ones because of all the different sizes, but here's the link to the golf ones anyways:

This looks like it's a sideline to this company (MaverickLabel.Com), since they appear to sell all kinds of other custom printed labels and bumper stickers and parking permits and stuff like that.
CanalofSchlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:31 PM   #3

I had great experience with Equipment ID Labels. Here's there link: http://equipmentidlabels.com/

They do labels of almost all kinds, but at this website they specifically have inexpensive, durable, tamper resistant labels to put on your valuable products and equipment. They provide businesses a very inexpensive label that is far more tamper resistant than "normal labels" which they could easily find and buy from any one of a thousand online label printing companies. Hope this info helps!

Last edited by Willy2015; Nov 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM. Reason: clarification
Willy2015 is offline   Reply With Quote