Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:08 PM   #1

I'm getting my first dSLR very soon and am just looking for a nice bag that could possibly fit a D40X with the kit lens and hopefully have room for my notebook as well. Do these even exist? Think it would be too bulky to carry around?
Lollan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2008, 9:00 AM   #2

There are mamy options for you to choose from. The first thing you need to know is what size is your laptop 14.1, 15.4 or 17". There are some shoulder bags and some back packs that will do the job.Most have a simple laptop compartment on the way back of them and then hold the camera gear in the front. I've never bough one f\of the bags but most that I have seen advertise they can hold a 17" laptop. Look at lowepro and pelican lines for starters. Search at bhphotovideo.com for starters as well.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:40 AM   #3

Lowerpro or Tamrac, they both make some camera bags with laptop carrying compartment.
misbehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:11 PM   #4

There are quite a few backpacks for cameras and laptops of every type, color, description, waterproofing, size, weight and price. With the addition of the laptop, that pretty much puts you into a backpack as opposed to a sling bag or some other configuration. I just did a search and here is a quick sample ...

I have gone through 3 getting to the one I currently have and use. Fortunately my sons wanted the other 2, so it all worked out. I have finally settled on the Lowepro CompuDayPack. I found mine on the web for $50.

It all comes down to personal choice. In the last year, I have taken this on about 8 round trip plane rides and a 2 week stint at sea with the Navy, and it has worked out just fine. I have a Dell 12" laptop (plus power supply, mouse and the rest) , but there is sufficient room for up to a 17". When your toting a laptop around, it becomes your office, so you need to consider everything else your going to haul with it. The other thing to consider are your lens(s) and their physical size. Or if you just have one, what your current plans are - staying with one or going to use several.

There are several items to consider. You probably do not want one that shouts camera and laptop - come steal me. Another is one with a lot of dangling stuff that catches on things as you walk past. Last - one with sufficient padding, with a configuration that affords some protection to the items.

Hope that helps....
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote