Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:34 PM   #1
Default I would not recommend the Nikon CF DC2 camera case for the Nikon D5000

I went to Nikonusa and went shopping for a camera case for my new Nikon D5000. Yes I could of purchased a generic case, but since I bought the Nikon camera, I wanted a Nikon case. Their web site stated the CF DC2 was the case designed for the D5000, so I ordered it on line, since no one in my area seem to carry it.

I was surprised to find that there was no pocket on the outside or any net with a zipper inside to hold an extra battery or brush to clean the lens. It's just a soft case with a velcro to keep the case closed and it cost $50.00. Nikon does not seem to even include a strap is on their cases.

The design of the case allowed your camera strap to go through so you would not have a camera case and camera strap to deal with. Ok, that may be helpful since I have had other camera cases, where when you put the camera in the case and you push your camera strap in the bag, at times the case strap went in my accident. Thankfully my 55-200 lens also fits in the case as well. It seem the 28-200 would fit as well, so at least they made it deep enough. It just seems the nice camera cases that I expected from Nikon was not there. They took a short cut by making an inexpensive case, that is over priced, and offers no helpful features. At least the material seems to be strong enough and it should hold up well...as long as the velcro keeps the bag closed.

Last edited by Blueberry; Nov 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links