Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:48 PM   #11

I got 2.3.5 to install, recognize the device and install it's driver, and launch on a Lenovo T410s running Windows 7 Pro 64. But during an actual calibration attempt (of the laptop's built-in display), the screen starts flashing -- sometimes all white, sometimes all gray (the same background color as the application itself) -- as it tries to display each, successive, calibration screen. Sometimes it "recovers" and shows the right calibration screen, sometimes it just stays on all white or all gray. Needless to say, calibration fails when, for example, a 50% blue pattern is supposed to be displayed but a blank white screen shows up instead.

Customer support was useless, as others have encountered here: Win 7 is not officially supported, the sensor is old and isn't compatible with the latest types of displays, we can cut you a discount for an upgrade, etc. Here's an idea: how about supporting your product on modern operating systems!?

Meanwhile, anyone see anything similar? What products do you recommend as a replacement?

jdsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:47 AM   #12

Same problem here.

My Spyder2Pro did work with Win7-64 in Jan when I first installed it. Perhaps a recent Windoze update broke it. Now it's gone berserk with the same random flashing screens.

It would be easy for Colorvision to support Win7, but they make more money by obsoleting their own hardware... or so they think...

No problem... Colorvision won't get my money ever again... same for anyone I know.

Time for a new monitor anyway...

NEC + SpectraView II coming soon...
keywester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:35 PM   #13

I did a windows 7 ultimate upgrade from vista ultimate both 64 bit, never coughed, hiccuped etc. Works like it always did.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote