Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:09 PM   #1

Default Spyder2Pro not supported by Windows 7

I just got official word from customer support at Datacolor today (Nov 6, 2009) that they would not be supporting Windows 7 with their popular legacy Spyder2Pro product.

I'm hoping this post saves others the frustration of trying to find software / drivers that work with Windows 7.

As for me, I need a new calibration tool - but I'll never spend another penny with Datacolor/Spyder.
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:28 AM   #2

If you have a Vista driver for it, it may work under win7, my Eye-one display2 works under Win7 64 with Vista 64 driver.
whitepass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:20 PM   #3

No dice. The USB driver will still work, but the software itself will not interact with the new Windows 7 graphics routines. I got the same word back from customer support. They will give you downgraded software (Spyder2express) which does work with Windows 7 or they will offer a 20% discount to by a Spyder3 series product from their online store (which coincidentally equals the same price you would pay at B&H or Adorama without a discount).

Very poor treatment to loyal customers and a good way to make sure I buy the X Rite tool when it comes time to replace my Spyder2.
icephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:59 AM   #4

Default same trouble with spyder3express

Hi,

The USB driver will still work, but the software itself will not interact with the new Windows 7 graphics routines.

So many hours lost...
Impossible to make run spyder2express under seven so I bought a new sensor, spyder3express and guess what...same problem !
Sorry for my English...

Help welcome

Posted On: 05 Nov 2009 09:25 PM

Here is my sad story...:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Datacolor Ticket
Ticket ID: TCB-619657 Department: Level 2 Support
Created On: 05 Nov 2009 09:25 PM Last Update: 11 Nov 2009 10:37 AM
------
Sir,

I got an error message just after the sensor Spyder2Express completed reading Grey samples. " Sorry, there was a problem calculating the correction curve for Display.Error-2 (Gamma CPP 886). After clicking OK the sensor verifies the colour temprature. Removed the sensor from the display.There is no change in the colours when I click the before and after switch on the screen. The profile loads fine after booting.
No trouble with XP or Vista SP
Best regards.
Sébastien

MICHEL

Posted On: 07 Nov 2009 07:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any idea ?
I do not find any answer on the Internet.
Could you help me please.

Regards.

Dean Zulich

Posted On: 07 Nov 2009 08:08 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry to inform you that we have replaced the Spyder 2 with newer Spyder3-Product line around two years ago and Spyder 2 is officially not compatible with Windows 7.
If you are interested in purchasing a new device, I could offer you a 20% discount when you order it via our online shop (depending on your location).

That said, I have heard on certain cases where it was possible to run 2 Express under 7, only thing I could suggest is removing the software, re-starting and re-installing from our downloads section on our site, under support.

Best regards,

Dean Zulic
Datacolor, USA

Sébastien MICHEL

Posted On: 08 Nov 2009 08:00 AM

Sir,

Thank you for your answer...

Could you confirm that Spyder3 will run at 100% under Seven ...?

I have spent three days to try to calibrate my screen with my Spyder2 under seven without success…(with your software and with ColorEyes Display.)

Regards.

Sébastien MICHEL

Posted On: 08 Nov 2009 08:10 AM

Sir,

So , I have bought a new device…

I hope it will run under 7….!

Regards.

Sent: dimanche 8 novembre 2009 08:47
To: 'support@dcs-support.net'
Subject: RE: [SUPPORT #TCB-619657]: Windows 7 issue
Importance: High

Sir,

Thank you for your answer...

Could you confirm that Spyder3 will run at 100% under Seven ...?

I have spent three days to try to calibrate my screen with my Spyder2 under seven without success…(with your software and with ColorEyes Display.)

Regards.

Sébastien MICHEL

Posted On: 08 Nov 2009 06:57 PM

Sebastien - all of he Spyder 3 devices will indeed run under 7,
Best regards,

Dean Zulic
Datacolor, USA

Sébastien MICHEL

Posted On: 09 Nov 2009 08:50 AM

Dean,

I hope so...
I will give you feedback about your Spyder3.
It is very strange that my spyder2 sensor run under XPsp3 and Vistasp2 (I have try both this afternoon...to test my sensor hardware) and not under Seven....Four days of pain...I have done many (so many) tests to understand what is going on... malfunction completely obtuse and I know what I am talking about...!
Thanks for your support.
Sorry for my English.

Best regards.

Sébastien MICHEL

Posted On: 09 Nov 2009 07:35 PM

Officially none of the Spyder 2 products is supported under Windows 7 Sebastien; we encourage upgrade to the Spyder 3 as the technology has changed so quickly that we had to produce new sensor about 2 years ago that is compatible with all todays displays - that is all.
I did hear of people able to run 2 Express under Windows 7 but am not familiar with details,
Best regards,

Dean Zulic
Datacolor, USA

Sébastien MICHEL

Posted On: 10 Nov 2009 09:00 PM

So...!

I try my new spyder3 under XP : no trouble, everything is fine.
I try under Seven : nothing...your software Spyder3Express 4.0 does not see my sensor...
ColorEyesDisplay Pro find my sensor but crash before the end of the process...

What is going on please...?

Everything is like with my spyder2express...

Please help !

Posted On: 10 Nov 2009 09:59 PM

Sébastien MICHEL

Posted On: 10 Nov 2009 10:00 PM

I try spyder3express under Vista sp too... No trouble but impossible with Seven.
Help.

MICHEL

Posted On: 11 Nov 2009 08:46 AM

I try everything possible to run Spyder2 and Spyder3express under Seven WITHOUT success...
My sensor Spyder3 is not recognized by DataColor Software under Seven (Spyder is wrong vendor, error spyder3.ccp 147 65545 (0x10009))

I try on one of my laptop under XP sp3 - Everything is fine
I try on another laptop under Vista sp2 - Everything is fine
Seven ----> IMPOSSIBLE...!
I am very disappointed.

You told me : "Sebastien - all of he Spyder 3 devices will indeed run under 7,
Best regards,

Dean Zulic
Datacolor, USA "

I loose one week to try to get it run...I spend some money to buy a new sensor without success...

WHAT IS GOING ON ?

Help welcome...!

MICHEL

Posted On: 11 Nov 2009 10:37 AM

another error message !!!!
sebpoterie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsturgill View Post
I just got official word from customer support at Datacolor today (Nov 6, 2009) that they would not be supporting Windows 7 with their popular legacy Spyder2Pro product.

I'm hoping this post saves others the frustration of trying to find software / drivers that work with Windows 7.

As for me, I need a new calibration tool - but I'll never spend another penny with Datacolor/Spyder.
Colorvision really sucks, that's final.
But there is a good piece of news: Coloreyes support win seven and recognize the spyder 2 among others.
Time to dissociate hardware from software, I would say...
tarbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:10 AM   #6

Haven't used win7 yet, but does in not have a compatibility mode, as with XP and Vista? If so, has anyone tried running their spyder in this mode?

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:37 AM   #7

Default New Spyder2Pro Windows 7 Driver Available

One 11/20/09 they put up new Spyder2Pro software for Windows 7.

I installed it on Windows 7 64-bit without using compatibility mode. It ran through the whole calibration. One cryptic error message popped up during calibration which I didn't understand and I ignored it.

The calibration and profile loading is working. Sometimes when I start the machine the splash screen never goes away and I have to kill it from Process Explorer. Sometimes the splash screen goes away normally.

Here's the link, but their download site looks to be unresponsive this morning (11/22).

http://support.datacolor.com/index.p...nloaditemid=41
viajero78728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:18 PM   #8

It turns out the splash screen problem was the result of an unrelated bug with my docking station, which causes Windows to use two displays even when the second display doesn't exist.

So, it looks like the Spyder2Pro is working flawlessly for me on Windows 7 64-bit.
viajero78728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2009, 9:28 AM   #9

Default Spyder2 Device works on my Windows 7!!!

After a little research I was able to get my Spyder 2 to work with Windows 7 64bit.

I downloaded Spyder2express_2.3.6_setup.exe from the DataColor website. 2.3.5 will not work.

It recognized my usb device, 3 monitors, and allowed me to calibrate, store, and use the 3 different calibrations.

If anyone needs the download, I've kept it on my desktop.

Feel free to contact me at enrique@amantezphotography.com

Thanks,

Enrique
enriqueg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:24 PM   #10

Default Basic Windows 7 Support for Spyder2Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by viajero78728 View Post
One 11/20/09 they put up new Spyder2Pro software for Windows 7.

Here's the link, but their download site looks to be unresponsive this morning (11/22).

http://support.datacolor.com/index.p...nloaditemid=41
Thank you, viajero78728. I have installed this new software version (Updated Nov 29, 2009) and can confirm that it works on my 64 bit Windows 7 system with my Spyder2Pro, albeit with a couple errors during the calibration process. (Ignoring them didn't seem to impact the calibration.) For now, I'm satisfied that Datacolor has done the right thing - provide a functional migration path for legacy users.

For reference, the software notes do not mention Windows 7 support - only XP and Vista. Still, it did work for me on Windows 7.
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote