Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:54 PM   #1
Default Camera Bag Suggestions

I am currently using a LowePro AW3 camera bag which works for me when I am around town, working for newspaper etc. But I am in need of a new bag for something that is coming down the road and I could use some advice from those who travel with their gear

I have the chance to travel in late October for 10 days and if I can swing this would be taking a lot of photos. The trip will be via plane ride. I will need to not only care my camera gear but also a laptop. Here is what I will need to carry. Oh and whatever is suggested needs to be considered airline carry-one compliant I refuse to check my camera gear under the plane. It would also be helpful if the bag is small enough to be considered a second carey-on so I can carry my suitcase on the plane as well (with my current bag it counts as the second carry-on). Well padded like my Lowepro would be a plus.

14.1" laptop with AC cord
Fuji HS10
2 extra sets AA batteries
Olympus SW10 in small case with 2 extra batteries in same case
Wolverine flashpack7000
USB cable and AC cable for wolverine (this could go into my suitcase)
Hard shell memory card case
Small USB card reader

Also before someone suggest I go to my local store and look at bags the only real option for that is walmart and best buy and neither have a good selection in my area.

David Stemple
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:47 PM   #2

You thought about B&H camera? They have good customer service, and their online catalog can give you a good idea of the possibilities. And they have always been helpful when I've called.

I'm kinda partial to Tamrac for quality, ergonomics, and value, but your preferences might be different.
The Barbarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:45 PM   #3

Yes I have checked them out just looking for some advice from those who have been though this before to see what they are using

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote