Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:43 PM   #1
Default Backpack, Yet Again

I have a Kata bag that is quite nice but just too small. The bag I have is the KT DR-466I Digital Rucksack. I thought about buying the next size larger but I have to mail order all my gear and I have no idea whether or not it will be big enough or too big.

I have my DSLR, three lenses (largest is a Tamron 18-250), a flast, battery charger, filters, remote shutter release, small tripod and memory cards.

Again, my problem is my town doesn't have a "real" camera shop so I am left to trying to buy on line with a little help from my friends, as the Beattles used to say. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I have a buyer for my nearly new Kata so I can recover part of my investment.
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:02 PM   #2

While I didn't get ant responses, I ended up ordering a Lowepro Trekker 300AW bag. Did a ton of reading and comparing Internet stats. We'll see how it works out. Told my wife I needed to fly to NY to visit B&H
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:06 AM   #3

Outhouse: I am responding to your thread even though it is 2+ years old BUT the Loweprowe Trekker 300 AW is still on the market and I'm looking at ordering it. Two questions (if you are still here):
1) Are you happy with the bag?
2) Is the bag capable of carrying a water bottle in one of the advertised tripod sleeves or water-bladder area?

I have a Lowepro Fastpack 200 which I'm happy with EXCEPT it doesn't have a tripod sleeve NOR does it have a waste-strap or chest-strap. I'm looking for the former because right now I lug the tripod separately (or leave in car on longer hikes) and the latter because I want the additional support. My DSLR (Nikon 7100), extra lenses, Flash, etc. all fit into my Fastpack but need to upgrade for the extra support on longer hikes and a tripod system.

Input from all others also appreciated (looking for a bag with both a tripod carrying system and place to hold one or two water bottles and a good support systems with padded shoulder straps with waist and shoulder straps - I looked at a number of Tamrac bags and what I'm finding is the ones with good support don't have an external water bottle sleeve and vice-versa).
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
csd is offline   Reply With Quote