Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jun 13, 2002, 9:46 PM   #1
Default Viewing the screen

Have you ever used a twin lens reflex camera? Or a 35 mm. camera like the old Exacta, where you looked DOWN at a viewing and focussing screen? They were far easier to use than the screens on the back of most digital cameras.

I often wish that digital camera manufacturers would put the viewing screen on top of their cameras.

Meantime, I've found that a small folding mirror, attached to the camera's tripod bushing is a useful substitute.

Here's a picture of one attached to my camera.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2002, 6:35 AM   #2
Default Check out the Coolpix 9xx

Nikon's Coolpix 9xx series of cameras has a rotatable lens module that lets you view the LCD from any angle you want. Some people grumbled about it, but you could use it for waist level viewing, or over your head to get the "hail Mary" grab shots over the crowd.
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote