Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:17 AM   #1

I am trying to get information on the remote unit used for the D70. There is talk that two different units will work, and one place even has some software so you can program a Palm Pilot to do it. Anyone heard about this? Can a Pocket PC be programmed? Will an ML-L1 work instead of the L3 which seems to be a eternal back order.
Ghostinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:18 PM   #2

I got my palm pilot to work... Not sure about yours though... I have heard that the ML-1 will work, it is just missing some of the functionality of the ml3.
EMTJeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2004, 5:16 PM   #3

I found another altenative to the ever elusive ML-L3. I have read on other sites of people using universal remote controls, but they were vague about what remotes and what settings they used.

With this possibility in mind, on impulse I bought a cheap universal remote from Fry's Electronics this morning. After experimenting for several minutes, I got that thing to work with my D70! All for the grand total of $4.99. So I now have an inexpensive if somewhat large (the size of a cell phone) remote that I expect touse frequently.

Here are some specifics:

What: RCA Universal Remote RCU403

How: Set D70 shooting mode to quick-response remote. Set universal remote to VCR/DVD then activate Auto Code Search. After a working code is found by the remote, the Off/On button will trigger camera.

Capabilities of universal remote: Don't know yet. I'll continue to experiment in the future. Hopefully other universal remotes with code searching features will work as well.
Fujolykon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 1:09 PM   #4

On the Nikon D70 any programable remote that can emulate a Sanyo tv will work . At Buy.com I got a programal keychain size unit( 2 in a package ) under the name "pogo" it works and I have a spare all for about $12.00. I could see it their any more but here is a link that has it.

Brian1946 is offline   Reply With Quote