Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Nov 27, 2004, 1:34 AM   #1

I have a fuji finepix A607 digital camera with xD-picture card and my canon MP730 multifunction printer is not compatible.can anyone advise me if i can still use my printer for photo`s,also are there any MFP that are compatible with axD-card preferably a canon MFP price range $500-$600.
jimmy1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2004, 9:42 AM   #2

Well, if you have a PC and the printer is connected to it via USB, you can simply upload the photos from the camera to your PC, then print them using most image editors.

You don't *have* to use the printer's built in card readers (and using your PC gives you far more flexibility for layout options, editing photos, etc.). You'll probably want to store the photos on your PC anyway.

Personally, I've never used the direct print functions on printers that I had with card readers (because I found that printing from the PC gave me more flexibilty).

But, if you really want to use the printer's built in readers, you could always get an adapter for your xD Picturecard (allowing it to be read in devices that except CompactFlash Type II). Both Fuji and Olympus make these:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote