Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jan 17, 2005, 4:11 PM   #1

:? I am new to this whole digital thing, so I am hoping someone out there can offer some advise? I have a Kodak DX4530 camera and just bought an EasyShare 6000 Printer Dock. I quickly learned that the two were not completely compatible, but figured out that if I use an additional usb cable I can transfer pictures straight from my camera to the computer via the ports on the front of the computer and leave the printer plugged into the back of the computer. When I print though, I only get yellow lines on the paper. When I print a 'test page" the color is ok, but the botom part of the text is cut off. I showed this to a Tech at STAPLES and he said try new ink and paper. I did and it stll does the same thing. Any advise?
debrahus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:14 PM   #2

I don't know if the 2 facts(or problem)are related. May be trying to reinstall the printer will solve ?
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:26 PM   #3

I hate to tell you this, but the KODAK DX4530 is NOT compatible with the KODAK Printer Dock 6000. The KODAK Printer Dock 4000 is the one you need! Go to the KODAK Printer Dock Compatibility Chart to confirm this:

Just a thought...you might want to confirm which Printer Dock you have by checking the name of your Printer Dock, which is located on the bottom of the dock. If you do, indeed have the 6000, then you are stuck because there is no adapter listed as available to make the 6000 compatible with your model camera.

You could cut your losses by selling the 6000 to someone who needs one and then seeing if there is a reconditioned 4000 on either the KODAK site at:

Or check ebay or similar for a used one—a definite possibility.

Good Luck!

A3D is offline   Reply With Quote