Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jul 16, 2005, 1:16 AM   #1

Can anyone help me with finding a charger and download cable for my antique digital camera? Got a good deal on this at the flea market, but haven't been able to find parts anywhere. Steve, I found your pics online including a stripped down model, don't tell me you trash canned the cords, I will tear out my hair. Sony doesn't have anything this old left, if they ever did. As evidenced by steve's great clear pictures, this camera is too good to sit ona shelf forever. Nothing on Ebay with this model, maybe someone knows whether another camera of the day uses the same SCSI downoad cords? Any help greatly appreciated y'all

mdockins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2005, 7:56 AM   #2

I looked at the review on this site and the SCSI connector looks like a fairly standard fitting. You should be able to go to just about any computer store and get one.

You will require a SCSI adaptor card in your PC however. And drivers???? I would search the sony site and see what you can find out.

The battery looks like a standard sony infolithium camcorder battery. The charger (Sony BC-V500) is readily available online. Just do a google search.

Or look here:

The accessories you are looking for are readily available, I think the hard part might be the software to drive the SCSI port.

But do you need to? It says the camera takes memory cards, including compactfalsh in a PCMCIA adaptor, in which case you don't need the cable. Just get a standard card reader and remove the CF card and plug it into the card reader.

To me, the bigger question is - do you really want to spend all that time, effort and money to bring a 0.5 megapixel camera back into service?

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:45 AM   #3

WOW! That is an extremely old camera, $2000 for a VGA cam back in 1997-9, what did that run in 2006 dollars? (If you don't mind me asking)

Looks like a CF card and reader would be the way to go. SCSI is not too cheap, especially when you could get a multi card reader which would offer much more benifit long term.
metapy is offline   Reply With Quote