Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Apr 28, 2006, 4:20 PM   #21

Well, my Kata bag arrived and its definitely more impressive up close.I emplore ANYONE considering the Tamrac or Lowepro bagsto take a look at Kata first. This is one TOUGH bag, and lighter weight than either one of the two mentioned in this thread. The following link is a review I posted...

Babyfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 3:13 PM   #22

I'm also looking for a new camera bag. I have a Canon D10 SLR, but I don't have many lenses -- actually just one, but looking to get a second lense. I am looking for a small tripod that will fit INSIDE the bag. Does anyone know of a good bag and/or tripod that will handle this?

I have a small camera bag that could probably handle a 12" x 4" diameter tripod. Just looking for something suitable for small excursions. I don't want a tiny table top tripod. Sorry if I'm going off topic here... I don't want to hijack this thread!
kmorness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 1:54 PM   #23

I am going to pick up this bag. Can someone reccomend a good tripod that is light that will work well with this bag? I have a 5d and don't need a bullet proff tripod more one for outdoors that I can hold onto if need be just has to be light.

I am going to recommand the Lowepro Minitrekker too, I just got one recently and its just an amazing bag. I can put Minolta 5D + 300 f4, a 28mm, a 50mm, a 28-135mm Minolta(those who has this knows how big this is), a 70-210 f4 "beercan", AND a Maxxum 7 film body+grip, in the bag itself, and I can put films, accessory flash, spare battery+chargerin the front compartment.....

Amazing bag, you won't regret getting one of these...
igbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 3:32 AM   #24

Many people seem to recomend a back pack type of bag. I was also of this opinion, so bought a Crumpler 18 months ago, really large one with room for a 17 in laptop. Great for protection and travelling, and comfortable to carry, but when you want to take a shot, Ihave to put it on the ground, undo 2 very long zips and remove from the padded compartments. Of course the reverse occourswhen you have finished. Lens changes involve the same rigmarole.

So I have just ordered a LowePro Magnum. This is a shoulder bag with top access, so I can have my gear at hand very quickly, in front of me, and keep the bag with me whilst concentrationg on photography, lens changes should also be much quicker and can I say safer with the bag underneath the camera body / lenses.

Just something to consider, from a different viewpoint.

Good luck, and regards

liningiv is offline   Reply With Quote