Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:33 AM   #1

Anybody around these parts got one of these bags. I'm seriously considering one and would just like some feedback on it if at all possible
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2005, 1:00 PM   #2

I have it for my *ist DS and could not think of a better design for a bag...

It easily carries:

- my Body with a 300mm prime
- two decent size mid-range lenses
- a flash
- plus misc. items

The thing I could never give up on this bag is how easy it is to get at the camera. I found that in my other bags the camera was always still on a strap around my neck. However, the camera is so easy to get at with this design that I find the camera stays in the bag till I need it.

There is a fitment problem however in my opinion with smaller DSLR bodies with small lenses attached. With just a 50mm 1.4 on my DS I find that the body feels like its very loose in the compartment. Though I don't think it could bounce around too too much.
pic_*ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:44 AM   #3

It depends on the system you're looking to fit into it.

It's a great bag. I now have one myself and it is very comfortable to carry, but there is a limiting factor when it comes to the size lenses you can fit into it. Right now I have my Olympus E-1 with mounted 14-54 Zuiko in the slick side removal area, but the spaces to the side where additional lenses/flash units can be stored are limited in size. My second lens is a 50-200 f2.8-3.5 Zuiko and it only barely, and I mean BARELYfits. The ideal type two lens outfit would be one like the Olympus E-500 two lens setup with the 14-45 and 40-150 zooms, or a Digital Rebel with maybe a 17-85 IS lens and possibly the 70-300 IS, but then again, the 70-300 will probablybe stretching the limit of the storage area. If you have any long, bulky zooms or fast, bulkyteleprimes this may not be the bag you want, and compared to a backpack like my Classic Trekker, storage space for other accessories is very limited.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote