Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:01 AM   #1

In the Misc accessories > Popup LCD shades any good? thread I promised to give a user review of the new Jenis popup LCD shade, as soon as it arrives and is mounted on my camera, Panasonic Lumix FZ20.

I meanwhile received it from the eBay store: HKDC.com (
Price: UK Pounds 8.99 (approx. $15.90) pluspostage. My total payment was $25.30 incl. int'l postage.
Theshade consists of two parts: a base witha transparent LCD protector which fits exactly over the protruding LCD screen of my Panasonic FZ20, with a self-adhesive film, and a flip-open hood which is attached to (and can be removed from) the base. Both base and hood are black, and blend in exactly with my black FZ20.
Installation was easy, and a first trial run in bright sunlight shows that this flip-open popup LCDshade doe a great job keeping the sunlight out, and the screen lights up nicely under conditions which previously did not enable me to see hardly anything on my LCD screen.

Product verdict: At less than $16.00 the Jenis product is some $9.00 cheaper than its Delkin counterpart. Because Delkin doesn't ship outside the US, and its shades are not available in all countries, this is a worthy alternative, especially for non-US customers. Fits FZ10, FZ15, FZ20. It is well packed and has a basic but clear installation leaflet enclosed.

Store verdict of eBay seller HKDC.com: Shipment was prompt, and it arrived approx. one week later by international airmail, which is very efficient and fast.After having been let down by Delkin (they told me that they refuse to ship outside the US),I'mglad to havefound this item elsewhere and for a much lower price.Irecommend this product and this store.

Pinchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links