Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Mar 17, 2006, 7:18 PM   #1

I need a bag for hiking and hunting. Was wondering if this would be good for a Nikon D50 with extra telephoto lense and few accessories.
Thank you for any input.
stang1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:22 AM   #2

I use this bag taking ringside boxing pictures. I keep my E-500/14-54 lens, 50-200 tele lens, extra battery and charger in it. It all fits comfortably and the bag swings around behind me and stays there. There are the 2 small front pockets for filters and what-not. When I get my Fl-36 flash, it should fit in also. Not sure about any waterproof claims.
Petepix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:22 AM   #3

This seems like a nice bag, and I'm actually considering it for my D50. It's definitely better than those backpacks that you have to take off to get your camera. The thing is, I usually have a backpack with me for water and snacks, so I'll probably get something like a holster you can strap on your chest or waist:

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:10 PM   #4

I have the 7 and the 9. I use the velocity 7 when I'm only carrying my 20D and a couple of lenses, and there is plenty of room. I like that I don't have to take it off to get to my equipment. If I told you what I have in the velocity 9 you may not believe me, but that thing will hold a lot. I have my 20D with a 70-200mm f/2.8 attached, a 24-70mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 50mm f/2.8 macro, 85mm f/1.8, 1.4x and 2x teleconverters, 18-50mm f/2.8, two extra batteries, 4 extra compact flash cards, a rain cover, plus a few filters, and other small odds and ends. As you can image it's not to light weight, but these bags are made tough enough to handle as much as you can cram into them.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:20 AM   #5

I have the 7 and currently can carry a fair amount in there. Here are the contents (so far!): FZ30, MCON-35, TCON-17, Kodak Xenar 0.7x WA, Tamrac boomrang strap, extra battery, charger, 2 filters, cleaning kit, usb card reader, and I have added a bag on the side for my RDS.

I think with the 9, I could have the RDS inside but I can live with the extra pouch mounted to the outside.
polar905 is offline   Reply With Quote