Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jun 15, 2006, 8:26 PM   #1

Okay, I just got my camera (P850) and so for the time being, I am quite broke. However, I will be making some money every month, so I can buy a few accessories over the next few months.

I already have a carrying case, but I need both a tripod and a high-speed memory card.

So first off, what kind of high speed card should I buy? What brands are good and which are bad? And what is the minimum speed I should use (needs to be able to use video).

Also, are there any recommended tripods? Under $100 is definately preferable. I take nature shots, macro's of flowers/bugs and landscapes mostly.

Lastly, what other accessories might a budding photographer need and does anyone know a good website to buy them (that ships to Canada!!).
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2006, 3:00 PM   #2

I've got the same camera and first of all bought two memory cards. I got two instead of one big one because i thought that might be the best idea. I then ordered two extra batteries (i've not got these in the post yet) and then ordered an adapter thingy to add more lenses. I've bought some close-up & macro, plus UV & polarizer lenses to go with the adapter. I'm now looking for a camera bag to put it all in.
Oh and i ordered a mini tripod. I'm not sure that this was a good idea though. I might have been better going for a bigger tripod or a monopod.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 1:03 AM   #3

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ship internationally.

What kind of card does the camera use ?

If its SD then x60 or above would be fine, no real point buying the x133+ cards unless they are at a good price or you are planning on trying to shoot a lot of RAW images as fast as possible.

Other things to buy..

Umm, I am assuming you have the basics , a spare battery , a cleaning kit: lenspen and microfibre cleaning cloth etc ?

A graduated ND filter is nice , helps with those very bright skies that would normally wash out to white if you expose for the land.. have a read here.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote