Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Aug 9, 2006, 6:25 AM   #11

I've just switched to a Lowepro Slingshot AW200. What an improvement. Loads of space in it for DSLR, several lenses, filters and small accessories such as spare batteries, cleaning stuff etc. It had a waterproof pull out raincover, sits nicely on your back and feels as comfortable as a rucksack but quickly slings round to your side to give quick access to your camera. Perfect for those who do a lot of walking and want to have their camera with them without it feeling too heavy or bulky. Not sure of prices in the US but in the UK they're retailing around £69.
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:08 PM   #12

Just recieved my lowepro sideline shooter few day's ago and i love it.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:11 PM   #13

Tamracs Velocity series are also some good choices. I have the Velocity 7 and 9 and I believe they came out with an 8 now also. I can cram an unbelievable amount of gear in the 9. I have my 20D with attached 70-200mm f/2.8, my 24-700mm, 85mm, 50mm, 50mm macro, 1.4x and 2x teleconverters, a filter pack attached to the side, rain hood for my camera, 5 or 6 compact flash cards and a bulb blower. It's not light with all that in there, but if I'm just roaming the streets or the country side I just put a lens or two in the Velocity 7 and I'm off. I bought both for less the $105 for the slingshot to boot. they are both back pack design that also swings around in front for easy access to your equipment.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:47 PM   #14

I use a lowepro NOVA AW2 to hold my camera gear which is a Fuji S5200, 4 sets of AA batteries in cases, hard shell memory card case (the kind that holds 8 xD cards), extra UV filter, lense cleaning cloth, battery charger, small xD USB card reader, small memo book and 3 pens. If you want to carry two lenses besides the one on your camera then step up to the AW3.

Also it has a pocket on the back side that can hold my 40GB mini external hard drive and cable for the drive. I like that poclet as when I am traveling I can keep the drive up against my body and it also makes it very easy to take out for security screening.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote