Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:04 PM   #1

Can someone please help me....!!!! I just purchased the Digilife DDV-S670 camera and videotaped my kids performance. It looked great, except when I used the zoom the video looked mottled, at least it looked this way on my pc and TV.......can someone tell me how I can fix this.

I installed the driver and components that it came with, and I taped it on the highest resolution. I'm also using a 2Gb kingston SD card.

Also, can someone tell me how to transfer the video to a DVD, I tried using Sonic and Ulead, but both won't let me do it. The video file is in .avi, I converted it to wmf and mpeg-2 and it still won't work.

simba33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:20 PM   #2

As far as I am aware the S670 only has a digital zoom instead of optical zoom.

Digital zoom, crops the centre of the image then blows it up to full size estimating the missing pixels.

This looks crap, as estimating (guessing) is nowhere near as good as having the correct pixels in the first place.

So basically if you want to zoom you have to put up with the loss of quality.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:56 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.....its unfortunate though since this camera is identified as a camcorder first then a digital camera second by the company that produces it. I bought it thinking that I could use it as a camcorder. I kinda feel liked I've been ripped off, but I guess I should have done a little more research on this camera...... although I did do quite a bit.
simba33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:43 PM   #4

You should ask the folks in our Hybrid forum, they know all about those cameras. Right now none of them have real optical zoom lenses so it is best not to use your zoom at all. The Sanyo C4, C40, C5, C6 and HD1 as well as the Sony M1 and M2all feature real zoom lenses and take video as well as stills, see our reviews.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote