Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:26 PM   #1

I am planning to get a canon S3 with a few teleconvertor lenses,wideanglelensa tripod and I also have a 15 inch mackbook pro. I have seen a couple of bags like tamarac, lowepro and crumpler. I know the S3 is not as big as the DSLR but I would someday buy a a DSLR so I need some suggestion of which would serve me best, since I travel a lot and don't want to get something which will start giving me shoulder and back pains. I would want a bag which will serve these purpose.

Easy to get the camera out for a quick shot

Durability of the bag

Using it to carry a laptop/camera/lens/ and some clothes if I need to travel and just want to carry one bag.

Use it just to carry the laptop and other stuffs like books etc if I don't need to carry the camera.

Use it to carry just the camera and clothes if I don't need to carry the laptop.

In short a BAG that is durable/multi functional and comfortable.

I have looked at CompuRover AW - http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...tebook_camera/

Tamarac The Adventure 9- http://www.tamrac.com/welcome3.htm

I would like to hear from you guys who own these bags or haveany kind of information to shareto help me decide.

You can suggest something else apart from these. I just need a bag which will solve the purpose.

sid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:54 AM   #2

I have the Lowepro Computrekker AV. I have had it for a couple of months and yesterday noticed some scuffmarks on the screen or my laptop! I ride a bicycle to work and carry the laptop and photo equipment.

It appears thatwhen I have been wearing the bag the lid of the laptop has been pushed inwards.It is able to flex and the screen inside the lid has been pushed up against the keyboard hence the marks.

Pretty annoying. I have emailed Lowepro and have been to a foam supplier to get a thin piece of foam (to slip in between the lid & keyboard in the hope I can still use the bag for the laptop(Don't know if it will do the trick......

Other than that the bag is just great

billiedougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:56 PM   #3

Too bad you couldn't find a large enough piece of "stick on" clear plastic sheeting, minus any adhesive of course for the lappy. My buddy made me aware of this material, available at BestBuy with "grid lines" on it for custom cuts. They have a box of it for about $16 and it works great on cell phone screens and would be ideal as well for digital camera monitors, etc. It is similar to the protective plastic that comes on appliance/stereo front pieces and can be applied and easily removed via a finger nail, etc.

Your "slim piece of foam" idea sounds good and you might even consider some felt too as that should not create any abrasion issues with the laptop. They also make the bubble wrap in a thin version that would also do the trick!

Good luck bro!
Indykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:06 PM   #4

i have the caselogic bag for laptop & slrs, and its great.. not sure if it would be big enough to get some clothes in, but it carrys laptop, slr, 3 lenses, and a bunch of accessories... extremely comfortable.. very durable...

luvmycanon is offline   Reply With Quote