Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Nature Shooting Techniques

Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:50 PM   #1

Trial shots of a dragonfly takenundervarious angles of sunlight - rather than repost the photos I am posting a link to the thread in the Wildlife forum. Take a look if you are interested. Comments welcome.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=11
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2007, 10:53 PM   #2

This dragon fly hadd previously been unidentified because the females of two species are similar. I have added a photograph of the male to the thread (the link isabove), so the dragonflies now have a name
Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:27 PM   #3

Penolta you are quite a capable photographer. This is the 3rd post for the same thread. Why do you do this? When you did this last time and I suggested other places for you to post your pics besides the two places you already posted them in I was being sarcastic. I think one place is quite adequate and perhaps again in the thread for your particular camera model.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:05 AM   #4

I do not post to show off, if that is what you are implying- I am an educator, and my purpose is to provide information to an audiencethat is appropriate fora particulartopic. Not everyonevisits multipleforums- I myself only regularly visit no more than three or four. I haveposted in one or two appropriate forums linksto a topic in another because I have found that there are people interested in seeinga topicwho do not normally visit theforum in which it is posted.I have seen that there are people on these forums that duplicate their entire threads, and whileImight have donethat at first ("when in Rome . . ."), I have taken toposting links to a single longerthread instead so as not to use up excess storage space on the server (for a short one it is unnecessary). As in this casewhen there is additional information available for a previously posted topic, I update the oldthread(s) so inaccurate or incomplete information is not left to be found. People who areinterested have followed links in the past and commented favorably, and so I continue todo it for them; those who are not not interested in following those links are free to ignore them (and do). Also, when a topic is posted in an active forum, it canget buried quite quickly, and those interested parties from other forums who are not regular visitors to that forum would miss the topic.

I noticed your sarcasm, and it reminded me that I had once posted here (this topic, which seemed appropriate) and gotten no response, and so had not returned to it. Some forums (like this one) have little activity - seeding them with appropriate topics can help to generate interest in them (and as a forum moderator elsewhere I can tell youthat seedingslow forumsshould be done more often, but it is not my job to do so here).
Old Oct 15, 2007, 6:28 AM   #5

Penolta, when you have multiple posts for the same thread you give each post a different name and description leading people like myself who read ALL the posts that it is something different. If everyone does as you do and posted the same pictures or leads to the same post it would be a real mess trying to sort out what you have seen and not seen over and over especially when each thread is given different descriptions. I think it should be up to the people to learn to use this forum and get from it what they want. Please have some consideration to those who know how to read and use this forum properly.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:41 AM   #6

Point taken, if that is your only objection. Where a topic crossed disciplines, different people in different forums have different interests, and what attracts one may not attract another.I willendeavor to make better use of the subtitles.

I do not think it serves the forums well to air disputes publicly. In future if you have a complaint please send me a private message, as you could have done in the first place, and we can endeavor to reach a resolution.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:20 PM   #7

If common sense prevailed nothing would have to have been said. Its peoples responsiblity to find out whats in this forum not your duty to put the same post in every thread so everyone sees it. I look forward to your posts and look at all of them and appreciate the level of your photographic expertise and information. But I still say, one post one thread. This is my personal opinion as one who reads all the posts. If there are others who disagree with me I respectfully ask them to say so. If you are going to continue with this repitition then I ask you to keep all the Titles and Subtitles the same and dont disguise them as each being different.