Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Nature Shooting Techniques

Old Oct 4, 2004, 1:55 PM   #1

Here's my album for Aspen Fall tour. Please comup with your valuable critics/sugession/comments that will help me to improve my photographic skill

http://www.darwinonline.org/displayi...=496&pos=0

Thanks

Aurobindo
AurobindoSaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:01 PM   #2

Hi,

Can you please come up with your comments. Good, Bad, do that, do this - all are welcome. I just like some constuctive critics that may help me to improve.

Please have a look in the gallery :

http://www.darwinonline.org/displayi...=496&pos=0

and let me know what you feel.

Thanks

AS
Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2004, 2:41 PM   #3

I don't have time to comment on your entire gallery, but I can say some thing about that picture.

First off, this is a type of picture which I don't mind but they rarly thrill me. In almost every case I would rather be there than have the picture. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

I like the low(er) angle.

The variety of colors are nice.

The hills on either side sorta frame the picture, but what is in the frame? Not the water, which is only partially visible. The mountains with the clearest shape are not in the middle or even at a "rule-of-thirds" point (not completely true, see below.) So what were you trying to convey with this picture?

If possible, you should have waited until that white cloud passed. A blue sky would have made this picture much better. Not just because blue skyes are nice, but because of what it does to the mountains. Those mountains to the middle right are lost in the clouds. They lack definition... where are the edges? You can see them, but they don't stand out. They aren't the impressive things they would be as a bright white on a deep blue sky.

Lastly, this is the type of picture that looks better big. It shows off the rich details and the sense of space. This small a version of it doesn't do it justice.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 4:05 PM   #4

You are correct with the comments. The day I visited Maroon Bells was a cloudy day and I could hardly get a clear blue sky. As regards to the subject of interest in the frame I agree to your critics. How do you like this picture in that case?
Attached Images

Old Oct 6, 2004, 3:13 AM   #5

I had a look through the album and some of the shots are really stunning, beautiful colors and it looks a lovely place to visit. As for the photo you have just posted, very nice but I would clone out that green spot (possible lens flare) in the middle of the photo as it spoils it. Otherwise a very nice shot:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 3:16 AM   #6

also the blue lens flarecircle needs cloning out and right at the bottom of the photo there is some over exposure on the wood that you might like to either clone or crop:-)
Old Oct 6, 2004, 10:44 AM   #7

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your valuable sugession. I appreciate that you took the patience to look into the album. I am not an expert in Photoshop. So let me try to fix these problems. I post the rectified photograph soon.

Aurobindo
Old Oct 9, 2004, 10:40 AM   #8

Im no expert either but hope you dont mind but I had a go at fixing it.