Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > New Technology

Old Sep 21, 2007, 4:36 AM   #1

I was interested in buying a wireless keyboard & mouse, then I read something about wireless mice needing to be re-charged. A high powered business person is working in their office, but they have to take a brake to allow there mouse to re-charge. This does not make sence to me as to how this technology has taken off, so I presume I am obviously getting something wrong. The keyboard could have amousepad, that would explain half of my querie, but we all know how precise mice can be for image editing?

Does the wirelessKeyboard have a USB connestion for a mouse when the other is on charge, although even inthis option I would have to spend more, or then do I take the option of just buying a keyboardand a USB mouse?

Mr Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:41 AM   #2

You don't need a USB connection on the keyboard, you have USB connections on your computer. If you need to recharge your mouse then simply plug another mouse into the computer.

I use a wireless mouse but it uses 2 AA batteries and they last about 6 months. When they go dead I simply pop 2 new batteries in.
PhotoFusion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:18 AM   #3

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/131140

Can anyone tell me, how long the battery life will be for the equipment on the above link?

Also I am not sure what the wave design technology will be like?
Mr Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 7:20 PM   #4

Typically, the wireless keyboard and mouse both communicate with the commputer through a RF device that connects via USB or PS/2 ports. Sometimes the wireless mouse has rechargeable batteries that recharge by placing the mouse in the RF device.

One of the disadvantages of wireless mice is that they need to contain batteries, which makes them much heavier, and therefore harder to usethan wired mice. There are good reasons for using wireless keyboards and mice, but they generally are not a good replacement for conventional desktop wired keyboards and mice.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:18 PM   #5

TCav wrote:
Quote:
There are good reasons for using wireless keyboards and mice, but they generally are not a good replacement for conventional desktop wired keyboards and mice.
Well stated.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote