Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > New Technology

Old Aug 28, 2002, 3:24 PM   #1
jmr

Default Sigma-Foveon

Of course Sigma is late shipping its new SD-9, with the revolutionary Foveon 3X sensor. It was supposed to be out last spring but they say software bugs caused the delay and expect to start shipping next month.

I've heard skeptics call it vaporware, but I think too much is riding on this for both Sigma and Foveon, and they don't want to launch their "Next Big Thing" until it works as advertized.

Steve, I hope you've put in an order to test drive the SD-9. I wanna hear all about it from Da Man!
jmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2002, 5:26 AM   #2
NHL

Default Well, Here it is:

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/Html/news/News.htm

http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/a_pages/cameras.htm

Quote:
Sigma has broken through yet another barrier, the all important price factor. If the technological advantages of the SD-9 were not enough to place Sigma head and shoulders above thetraditional digital SLRs currently available, then the ground breaking price of 1105.53 + VAT (SRP 1299.99 inc VAT), for the camera body, will make top quality digital photography affordable to a whole new army of photographers both professional and amateur.
Not full frame, but the SD-9 is able to take advantage of over 10 million photodetectors by capturing the information from 3x3.3 million pixels in red, green and blue @ the D60/D100 prices... Interesting.

[Edited on 9-21-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote