Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > New Technology

Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:44 PM   #1

I'm replacing my Digital Darkroom and have decided on the following after much research.

Dell XPS 400, dual core 830
4gig memory, 256Mb Radeon Card
Dell 24" LCD (the specs on this thing are very good!) I compared it to Lacie, Syncmasterand others, but bang for the buck this LCD is tough to beat. It's can be had with my system for 780.00 a comparable LCD from other's is 1500 - 1700.

1st. Question: What do you guys think of this LCD? Would you spend the 800.00 on the 24" Dell or 800.00 - 1000.00 on a different monitor?

I've been using an older SpyderPro (not Spyder2) on my 21" Trinitron CRT. Thinking about getting a Eye-oneII for the new LCD. I'd love to get a Spectrophotometer also, but can't afforde the 1000 - 1200 from Maonaco or others. I have a HP 8750 printer and there aren't a lot of profiles out yet for this printer/papers.

2nd set of questions: I know the Eye-oneII is rated as one of the best, but Colorvision has the PrintFix Suite (that comes with Spyder2 colorimeter also) to create custom printer profiles. The price is very reasonableI know it won't compare to systems put out by Monaco... But, how well does this Colorvision PrintFix perform? Anyone using it?

Thanks,
Joe

jlacasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 1:50 PM   #2

I've only seen one Dell LCD and it was pretty amazing color.

Your paying a premium for a Dell LCD but the quality remains well after the price is forgotten.

As for colorometers, I haven't used one.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote