Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > New Technology

Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:04 AM   #1

In response to all of the entries I read on the idea of publishing a cell phone directory I think the last entry on the page served the topic well. "Is there any law in effectto stop creditors from calling cell phones to solicit payment"As I do own a consumer / corporate collection agency allow me to elaborate on the subject. A third party collection agency may call your cell phone between the hours of 8am and 9pm 7 days a week as often as every day as long as you don't answer and talk to them. If you do talk to them it will buy you 7 days of restfrom the calls (per the FDCPA of 1976). I think peoples biggest fear of the directory is not having a "survey" or "telemarketer" call, but giving someone like me an even better chance of pulling them out from under the rocks and getting them to fulfill there legal obligations. I thank God every day for debtors who give me my livelihood and a successful business. But If people would pay there bills they wouldn't have to worry about who got there cell phone number, and interest rates would be so low that the solicitation by creditors over the phone for new customers would eventually kill itself off due to lack of need.

howiedunnem4$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links