Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > New Technology

Old Jun 29, 2006, 1:29 AM   #1

Has anyone used any Digital Photo Frame?. I found some good ones at http://www.magicdigitalframes.com? Anyone uses these before? Please comment on the ease or how clear it would display the pictures.

Thanks.

Tim

Tim606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2007, 3:16 PM   #2

Hey!, sorry this is so late but I only just joined the forums section.
Ok so, I've had two frames now, first one I found out was a basic problem, problem being that the screen develops lines, and then, they wave!
So I got another photo frame now, and I must say it is pretty great!, theres great resolution and such.
The only thing is, if your going to get one, make it like.. a 6" or 7" at least, smaller ones aren't really that good.

Happy Snapping! :|
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:43 PM   #3

empty

Last edited by gingarita; Sep 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
gingarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:46 AM   #4

The iPod Touch does a great job with photos. Pricey, but capable of music, videos, wi-fi, and will sync with Outlook for calender and contacts.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 2:49 AM   #5

agree, iPod touch is really awesome
weing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 11:06 PM   #6

It's looks like Digital Frames are going to be a big hit with the digital camera geeks!

So I pick up a 8" WideScreen Venturer DPF811SE from WalMart just to see what it's

all about! There is no resolution listed in the Op instruction so I can't know for shure

what it is but the best looking picture displayed was at 1024.The screen is Not High Res.

and the scaling is Not that great! No Sound orRemote. I would like to get a

DF with sharp cleardisplay but like anything else you can't see all availble products

and make a goodchoice! I think Steve should have a seperate Forum for Digital

Frames:idea:and mabe Reviewson Digital Frames so we can get agood idea what DF

have sharp display and otherfeatures!

JohnnyJT :-)

South Philly

johnnyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 4:00 PM   #7

I take it digital picture frames are usually right around 7 to 12 inches, at a price of around $200? No thank you. I'll take a pass on purchasing a digital picture frame if they're that small and going for a price that steep.

A very quick (but not so thorough) check shows that you can get a 20 inch LCD monitor for around $185, maybe less. Why not just buy the bigger LCD monitor, mount it to your wall like a van Gogh replica, and run a slide show of your pictures through monitor #1 as you surf the Internet with monitor #2?

I was real excited when I saw the digital picture frame for the first time. And then I found out you could run 3 monitors off of the same computer. It was then that my excitement died and died fast. The only thing good about a digital picture frame is that it will fit in a cramped space, like on an office desk. Other than that, what's the point of owning one when you can go with a larger LCD monitor for the same price or less?

RanchDressing is offline   Reply With Quote