Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 8, 2003, 8:57 AM   #1
Default Canon Powershot Pro 70 Operation - Confused

I've just acquired an oldish Canon Powershot Pro 70, and have been trying to make sense of how it works. (It came without a manual.)

It seems that the camera will only commit a photograph to memory if I hold the button down long enough.

I'm also confused as to the difference between the photography mode labeled with a green rectangle and the "P" mode. (Does it stand for professional?)

The three buttons at the top are all labeled with a blue and a white word. (Multi/Quality, Jump/Drive, Info/+-) The first one seems to control the image quality/file size. The second one seems to flip between several modes indicated by a round symbol (a bit like a flipped Q) and either one or several little rectangles. I don't understand difference between those modes. The third button does nothing in the green-rectangle mode and serves to activate manual brightness controls in the "P" mode. There are two other buttons on the camera above those three. One apparently is a "Zoom Max" button, but the other serves no discernible purpose. What are they all really for?

I'm sorry - I know it's a lot of questions, and the majority of them probably is very stupid, but I'd be very grateful if you could give me some explanations.

-David Stark
Zarkonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2003, 11:36 PM   #2

Go to Canon's web site, costumer support has all the manuals
AndreG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 6:32 PM   #3

You can download the Pro 70 user manual by clicking here:

You need the freely available Adobe Acrobat reader, if you don't have it already, it is here:

steve is offline   Reply With Quote