Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 10, 2003, 3:00 PM   #1
Default Camera for use on Ebay

I would like to buy the least expensive camera for use on ebay. Ebay says to buy their enlarged photo package, pictures must be 440w x 330h. I have a inexpensive Polaroid PhotoMax 320 Camera and Polaroid said I have 320 x 240 and that they do not make what I need. I don't know anything about cameras - therefore I am wondering if someone can help me to select the least expensive camera for my needs. Also I would like a camera that will allow me to take close-ups. Many thanks for your help. Amelia
fstravelamelia@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:36 AM   #2
Default Look on ebay

You don't want the cheapest camera if you actually want to sell stuff on eBay. A decent picture takes a decent camera and good lighting. There are tons of good cameras that will fit the bill but I doubt any under $100. There are a few VGA resolution (640x480) cameras around but I have yet to see one that wasn't dog poop. You can probably find a used or refurbed 1.3mp camera like a Canon A10 which will be perfectly adequate for web use. I shoot with a semi-pro camera but my little A10 still sees a lot of use.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2003, 2:06 AM   #3

Hi: I have been using a Sony 2 megapixel camera in basic point and shoot mode for my eBay listings for some time now and find it to be great for this use. I think most importantly to you and your listing is how well does the picture from any camera represent what you are selling. Is the photo clear enough to see detail of your item and how is the lighting. Is there background junk in your photos. Possible buyers want to see a relatively good view of what you are selling with a fair representation of condition etc. The photos that you the seller put on listings are the buyers eyes so to speak. Take time to look at the photos that sellers are using. You will see everything from out of focus, poor lighting and messes in the background. Take a little time and effort to your presentation and this will pay off very well for the final price that your item sells for. I would think most camera companies make something that would be in the $200 or less range that should be adequate for this. If your items to sell are small enough you may want to invest in a $2 piece of 24X36" art paper for a background and a couple of $5 clamp on lights for lighting. Hope this helps and good luck...WPMIKE.
Mike Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote