Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:38 PM   #1

Hope someone can help me on this. I am new using capture one. Trying to learn the functions with this software.

I shot this pic using RAW. The first pic is the original.

And then I use the focus tab "sharpening" to modify the pic. This is after the adjustment. And picture shows more sharper than the original shot. I used the sharpening method 'stand look' on this.

Once I am happy on the sharpness, I use the batch function to export the pic to jpg format. But the restult came out different than the second picture while in capture one. Is there a problem with my settings? How do I fix that to get that second picture sharpness quality as the final output. It seems the sharpness is like picture no.1 but just very little improvement. Is there another software or plugin I can use to do the sharpening ? Any help will be great . Thanks.

Ceddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:19 PM   #2

I've never used that software, and I may be misinterpreting the images you've provided, but it looks like you're making your adjustments with the image zoomed out. When I use Adobe Camera Raw, I often need to zoom all the way to 100% to see an accurate preview of how my changes will come out. While the zoom slider shows 100% on your screenshot, I'm guessing it means 100% of the image in this case. Try zooming in to around 400% or so and then see if the preview looks more like the final image.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote