Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:21 PM   #1
Default Curious about the canon a70

I recently purchased the canon powershot a70 amidst very good reviews for the product, and I am very VERY pleased with it. I take day to day shots to send to friends, and family etc. but I have always been interested in photography, and i especially enjoy viewing professional photography.

except, i was wondering how i can prevent as much "camera shake" as possible. when i take a picture of something w/o flash, the camera gives me a long shutter speed. as a result, i get somewhat blurry images because of minimal camera shake. is there anyway to prevent as much camera shake as possible under no-flash conditions without a tripod for now? i am quite newbie when it comes to taking good/creative photographic images.

thanks in advance
zhukeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2003, 5:58 PM   #2

Have you thought about a monopod or a little beanbag to set the camera on? Some photographers I know will use a little beanbag to prop the camera on when a tripod is not convienent to carry.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 4:03 PM   #3

This may sound hokey but, I always hold my arms against my sides and hold my breath for shots in the slower range but not longer than 1/2 second. After that, you are definitely going to need some sort of tripd or other device to hold the camera.

mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote