Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 25, 2007, 5:08 PM   #21

Thanks very much for the input. I'll take that glowing review with a grain of salt. I guess I'm back to debating between my original 3 cameras (Canon SD800 IS, Nikon S50, and Sony T20). The latter two of these don't have much in the way of reviews yet. I guess this is just the time of year when a bunch of new cameras have just come out and the review sites haven't been able to catch up.
chad515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 1:26 PM   #22

The Z5fd is also a fairly recent model without too many reviews yet. And I expect it will be generally good; it did win the 2007 TIPA award last month for Best Ultra Compact. But, in a camera that size, and at that price point (about $100 less than the SD800), there are going to be compromises. I think the SD800 is very likely the better camera.

One thing I would encourage you to take a look at is the difference between 28mm and 36mm on the wide end. I think many new buyers underestimate how useful that difference is and seem more impressed by the larger numbers on the tele end. Especially for alot of indoor work, I think you will find the wider angel useful.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote