Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 6, 2003, 3:32 PM   #1
Default FUJI 3800

hi, i got no reply on my last thread so i thought id try again.
ive never had a camera at all before and i have a little more money to spend to get a half decent one. i had my eye on the FUJI 3800, any suggestions for a camera that has a rapid fire option and exposure of around 3 or 4 seconds within the same price range

please someone reply ops:
venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2003, 5:58 PM   #2

The reason people don't reply is mostly 'cos we get innundated with these requests ... plus .. really .. the information is there for you to look it up too. Just go to Steve's or dpreview or digital camera resource and you can do a search
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 1:31 PM   #3

i know its just so hard when youre a newcomer trying to find something which suits your needs, theres so many cameras about i saw a newbie help forum and decieded that to get some advice from more experienced camera users,and because this is a newbie help forum i kinda guessed there would be people giving advice, its not like i said "what digital camera should i get?" i actually gave the specifications of things that i want, now i just wait for a reply with some recommendations.........hopefully il get one :?
venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 12:37 AM   #4

It is difficult to get advice from these forums many times especially when there are many sites with fairly accurate reviews about cameras.
One thing I found useful was to actually go to a camera store and actually feel the cameras, look at them and if lucky try them out with the help of the sales staff. All of the sales staff I have met are willing to help even when I told them I am just browsing. After all you might decide to buy from them.
Another factor, this photo web site below now categorizes the pictures by camera type and model. Look at some of the pictures made by the camera you are dreaming of. Most pictures will be taken by individuals like yourself. Uninitiated and just taking pics for fun. Not all of us are professional. This way you get to see how the camera behaves in hands of amateurs.

Good luck

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote