Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:09 AM   #1

:?Hi I am new here and to digital cameras. Last summer my daughter gave me her FINEPIX 2600Zoom digital as she has another one. This is MY first and althougth I have read manual cover to cover; I am stumped I was away for few days and took pics that turned out great....I had them self-developed at Shoppers Drug. But I have noticed last couple of days that its not working. I can put new batteries in right from package, take one or two photos and that battery synbol comes on screen.

I don;t know how old this camera is but the lady at shoppers did say they don;t make too many cards for this model anymore My question quickly as I am going to work for 5am is this...........any idea what problem is and would it cost me a lot to get someone to look at it? I work but not exactly wealthy, if you know what I mean. Is it worth it or should I just check out a newer, cheaper style?

I really have to run now but any input would be appreciated.

susy-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:19 PM   #2

Your camera just celebrated a birthday, of sorts. On August 23, your camera turned 6 years old - at least that was the day that model was announced by Fuji. That makes it a dinosaur, as far as digital cameras go. Do yourself a favor, and forget about getting it fixed. You can buy a much better camera for less than the price of repair.

Let us know how much you would be willing to spend on a new camera, and maybe we can help you find one. If you'd like to stay with Fuji, take a look at the F31 and the F40. They offer much better picture quality, video, a larger LCD, low light performance, etc. If they are too expensive, Fuji (and the other manufacturers) offer a good variety of entry level cameras that are less expensive...all depends on what you want to use the camera for.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 5:36 PM   #3

Well thanks for that reply. I rather figured that well may be the answer as when I had pics developed the tech did say the cards weren;t made anymore

I live in Canada and I have emailed FUGI to see who in my area do repairs and what it would cost. I haven't heard back but I think I already have my answer.

As I am new to Digitals I have no idea what I would be looking for as the camera is simply for fun and when I feel like snapping a photo. It would have to be a cheap one as finances don't allow for much . I think perhaps I will just look around for awhile.I work at Zellers( competitor of Walmart) so I can check there and other places . BEST BUY will be opening here sometime in fall...perhaps I will continue to look and compare eh?

Thanks again for answering........
susy-q is offline   Reply With Quote