Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 27, 2003, 1:15 AM   #1
Default Finepix 2800, Possible to remove a lens Coating accidentall?

I have a fuji finepix 2800 which i use quite often.

To make a long story short the black plastic around the lens came off so i superglued it back on extremely carefull making sure not to get any glue on or near the lens.

I let it dry and put the cap back on. The next morning i took the cap off and a purplish residue had formed on the lens, i used a microfiber cloth to get it off, and i rubbed it all off.

im not sure if i have played with a setting or damaged the lens, but after that any pictures i take outside seem to be too bright and the red in pictures haas a flourescent kinda pinkish haze to it. Like car tail lights (red ones) will come out pinkish.

Does anybody on this borad know what I have done to my camera, and how i could go about fixing it and how much it would cost ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this
vteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2003, 3:59 AM   #2

My guess is the solvents in the glue have reacted with the coating and caused permanent damage. I had a similar experience once using a hydro-chlorine based cleaning solvent near an lcd - it went black!

Lens coatings are extremely thin and very important. Hmmm... I wonder what sort of digicam would take pictures in a superglue factory? VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 5:30 AM   #3

is that not the UV and protective layers? if it is you could always get a UV filter and leave it on as protection and to sort out that light problem. its only a guess though
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote