Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 6, 2007, 9:32 PM   #1

Hi all! This is my first post here and I am a new digital camera owner.

So for my question. I recently bought a canon A570 IS and I know its not much of a super-cam but I wish to get the best out of what I got. So I was wondering if there were any suggestions on what type of telephoto and wide angle lenses that are good for this cam? I found alot on digital optics and opteka lenses but heard they are not all that good. So please if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

mattk1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2007, 4:59 AM   #2

I don't know much about the add-on lenses that might work with your camera, but I do know one of the fundemental rules of photography: Good Glass Ain't Cheap.

Spend a bit of time learning how to use the old fashioned technique of extending the reach of your lens: your feet. And in general, using your feet to get the best composition, e.g., how to avoid having a tree branch come out of your Uncle Fred's ear.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:55 AM   #3

I agree with Bill. Don't see much point of worrying about additional lenses until one learns the camera and what types of photos they want to make.

Canon does offer auxiliary lenses for that camera as shown in their US web site:

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:01 PM   #4

I heard that these lenses are good. Better than those eBay Digital Optics lenses.. I don't see any posted for the A560/70 series but I'm sure they are compatible.

Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote