Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 30, 2003, 6:05 PM   #1
Default Would appreciate some help (Virgin user)

I am a complete novice when it comes to camera's and would appreciate some real good advise here.

The list of cameras I am looking at is this:-

Canon A-70
Canon G3
Olympus C-740
Fuji S5000
Kodak DX-6490
or the Panasonic LumixDMC-F21

I have spent hours and hours scouring the reviews and just can't seem to make a decision on any particular one.

They all seem to have pros and cons, for and against.

Most of the "high end" cameras are at the limit of my budget (about $1100.00 Australian Dollars) so do I blow that on a good camera or buy a "middle of the road" and maybe use the rest of the cash for more memory and accessories?

Sure would appreciate some advise.

I love the look of the Fuji S5000 but i know looks are not everthing.
Anthonyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2003, 10:13 PM   #2

have you actually picked up any of the cameras and used them? If not, try to do so. You may find that you may not like the interface of one particular camera or brand.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:14 PM   #3

I would tend to agree about trying them or at least, going to a store and playing with them a little and see which one or ones you like the best. Also, you didn't tell us what you were going to use it for or, what kind of camera experience you have if any. Depending on what you're using it for, you may find out the most expensive camera is not needed.
Take into account too that no matter what camera you buy, you're going to have to get a bigger memory card for it and more than likely spare batteries. These things add up but, you do need them.

mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:24 PM   #4

If you like the Fuji S5000, why not take a step down and look at the S304 (3800 in the US). It's a very popular digicam and the S5000 is the upgrade to it. It might save a few bucks.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote