Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:01 AM   #1

I am a new SLR user. I would appreciate any help I can get on shooting a wedding. At this time I can only get clear pictures using the auto function on my new Nikon D40x. But it doesn't seem to take continues pictures. I can get it shooting a little faster when I use the sports Digital Vari-Program but the pics are very very blurry. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Panasonic Z27 that takes clear pictures in movement at a much faster speed.

I purchased the Nikon D40x with the 18-200mm AF-S VR lens.

Also what would you suggest as the best setting to take wedding pictures??

I'velearned in another forum about nikon tutorials and other helpful suggestions and I will definitely use the wisdom given but the wedding I am shooting is on Feb 2nd and I need help as soon as possible.

Thank you, Kathy

new to slr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:14 PM   #2

You have given yourself about a week to do what it takes most people years to master. Good luck with that. OTOH, you probably don't need to master the craft to get adequate shots. Partly, it depends on what the wedding part is expecting. If they are paying you for commercial wedding photography, you really have your work cut out for you.

Search these forums for topics regarding wedding photography. There are quite a few, and many of your questions will already be answered.

If you are getting blurry pictures, the most likely reason is your shutter speed is not fast enough. You need more light, a wider lens opening, or a higher ISO setting. Most wedding photographers use indirect flash or fixed lighting. Many churches, however, prohibit the use of flash during the ceremony. Restaging is sometimes an option in this case.

These are just a few thing to keep in mind. I don't do weddings, so others will have more to keep you busy.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:52 AM   #3

Go back and read the forum where you first posted this same question......
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote