Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:30 PM   #1

Can the fixed type LCD of Point n' shoot digi cams ( like Olympus SP 570 UZ or Panasonic FZ 18 ) be changed into vari angle LCD ( like Canon Powershot S5 IS ) ?? If the process is possible, then what might be the approximate price ? Can it be done in any camera repair/ manufacture centure or company service center or at other specific center ?? please let me know
anjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:29 PM   #2

There may be some clever hobbyists who have done this type of conversion, but I would think that just going out and buying a camera with the feature, and selling the old one would be a more productive use of your time.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 5:47 AM   #3

I haven't yet heard of a source that does this kind of modification before. Although, I do agree that there would probably be hobbyists that may have done it. I'm guessing that it would generally be difficult to do because you need to first determine if there's a part that would work with the camera. And, assuming that final appearance of the camera is not an issue (such as if there's holes in it or other unsightly consequences), there might be no guarantee that the conversion will be successful....so could end up worse off than started with.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:49 AM   #4

If you are going to try that, why not go for a real wizz-bang and make the conneciton wireless along with a wireless shutter release? Then the camera could be put in all kinds of interesting places. Eeven ones that would not result in your arrest if discovered like next to a bird's nest.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote